Westmoreland

There is a possibility that the parish of Westmoreland received its name because it is the most westerly point of the island. The parish was named Westmoreland in the early 1700s after the English defeated the Spanish. Savanna-la-Mar, the capital, was developed as a port from which sugar was exported and dates back to around 1730.

 

7 Mile Beach